28 Sept 2010

"Toughest road marathon in the world"

It was my duty to support my husband on Saturday at the Langdale Marathon, (in a purely journalistic capacity, I should point out) - a race that certainly takes its toll on those who dare enter! He had decided to enter a "local" event for his first marathon and on asking him why he had chosen this gruelling race, he answered "because its the cheapest" - well no wonder! (I should say that my stepson and I did a bit of our own physical activity that day as we hiked up nearby hills and waited in the sun for the weary to pass, handing gels and clean socks to our exhausted, but very timely runner at the end of his first lap..) This explains the omission of Colin coming through the finish line as we were sleeping in the car at that point.. An exhausting day for all of us - oops!